Children’s Learning at Syndal Pre-School
- We provide a warm, caring and stimulating environment, where children can feel happy and confident.
- Families are encouraged to be involved; feel accepted and have a secure feeling of belonging.
- The staff respect all children, their individuality, family, cultures and beliefs.
- The environment is safe and conforms to the Education and Care Services National Regulations and Act.
- We believe in children’s right to play. Play helps develop skills in all areas of development. We believe this provides a strong foundation which enables children to move onto more formal processes of learning.
- All children actively participate in a challenging child-centred program.
- We believe in using an emergent curriculum that is developed from the children’s interests. This is then complemented by teacher-initiated learning.
- We believe creative open ended experiences provide great opportunities for self motivated learning and individual learning styles.
- We believe the indoor and outdoor environment can act as the “third teacher” by being stimulating and aesthetically pleasing. This then generates the children’s interests and learning.
- We follow the national Early Years Learning Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.EYLF &VEYLDF
- We believe in ongoing training and Professional development of our educators.
- We have a commitment to continuous improvement through input with educators, families, management and our community.
Our Philosophy or statement of principles is discussed and evolves each year through a subcommittee. The team of staff also provide input after a staff meeting discussion ensuring we develop a collaborative document. This document guides all aspects and helps us to continually improve our service operation.